Wednesday, July 15, 2009

sitting, waiting, wishing...

I really thought that last post would bring hundreds of comments from the single, eligible, local men that read this blog--all asking me out on REAL dates. So far, no comments. So I'd better kill the time by sharing about why another one of my hot, righteous, beloved girlfriends is still single! This time it's all about Maria.

Maria got set up on a blind date. She wore her cutest outfit and "set her phasers to stunning" (Fraiser quote--love it). Her date tried to take her bowling at MULTIPLE bowling alleys, but sadly they were all full so then he drove around for a while and they had this conversation:

Blind Date: So my brother didn’t tell me anything about what you looked like, so I was a little worried. But I have to say I am really happy with how things turned out! Did he say anything to you about me?”
Maria: Um…thank you, and no he didn’t. (awkward silence follows while he stares at her)

Blind Date (as they were discussing their jobs): It’s really nice to have this new job and not have to worry about my finances anymore. (leans forward across the table conspiratorially and whispers:) I make 30 a year…
Maria(stifling laughter): Oh, that must be really nice to not have to worry about money anymore. (she makes more than him!)

Maria: I am a bit of an introvert. It takes me a while to feel really comfortable with someone.
Blind Date: I guess I’ll have to wait until the 3rd date to propose.
Maria: Oh haha (awkward nervous laughter). Yeah, I would have to know someone REALLY well before I married them.
Blind Date: Well, my dad proposed to my mom after the 3rd date.
Maria: That is really quick!
Blind Date: They have been happily married for 30 years! So I know it could work.
Maria: Oh that’s nice…(quickly changing the subject)

Blind Date kept calling Maria afterward, but luckily she started dating someone else who made a LOT more money, so she didn't have to go out with Blind Date anymore. :)