Thursday, July 9, 2009

Last night's dramatic evening

Okay, are you ready for the dish! (p.s. I think my favorite verb/noun is "dish!")

Last night I got a text from Mike (!!!) asking if I wanted a ride to Karen's house. I texted back "of course" and was pleased with Mike's surprising punctuality. We get to Karen's house and we showed up at the same time as another group of people, so we all walked in together and Karen had no idea Mike had driven me there. I was anxious about the Mike/Karen/T love triangle, so I stepped back to see how Karen would act. (*editor's note--bmz--wow--good advice yesterday! First that WHAT IF KAREN READS THIS BLOG?!?!? Drama! Second that I should just kiss Mike in front of Karen because if she reads it then she'll be planning her move anyway! Maybe I should make this blog private so that Mike/Karen/every other person I know won't read it?)

Anyway, Karen was ALL OVER MIKE. Luckily I remembered the malt we shared the night before (cherry vanilla-his favorite) so I just socialized with other people, confident in Mike's preference for me. FINALLY Karen let Mike away for a minute and he came over and the two of us were flirting. But what should happen mid-flirt but JOHN entered the room!

PANIC!

I mean, Mike's cool, but my heart belongs to John: Attractive Ward Clerk. And then JOHN came up to talk to me and Mike!!! I was FREAKING OUT. How can I juggle two crushes at the same time?

Luckily a minute later the activity of the night began, and we started playing Catchphrase.