Thursday, July 16, 2009

Confessions of a Man Chaser

That title is misleading...I am NOT a man-chaser. This is a matter of pride for me.

This may also be why I am single!

There are so many things that people judge other people for doing when it comes to dating: desperation, internet dating, man-chasing, etc. But in the end, who cares if you are happily married? My friend said that at her stake conference they were told IF YOU AREN'T ONLINE DATING YOU DON'T REALLY WANT TO GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes! The closest I've come to internet dating is attracting the masses of online men through this blog. Comment, please. ;)

Back to man chasing...maybe I should do it? Can this fit in with my new "no hanging out" rule? Should I just ask guys out? Or just flirt? What does man chasing even entail? Do I need to "man chase" in order to get a man???? I probably have to just to compete with the hoards of desperate, man-chasing girls (as opposed to the hoards of desperate, non-man-chasing girls...the only real difference is that one group has dates; the other does not).

Tips?

p.s. this is NOT intended to be social commentary on lazy men. If I was being man-chased, I wouldn't have much incentive to chase others!!! this is like one time when things were going SO well with this boy. He would call, ask me out, come over, etc, etc, etc. One day it all stopped! I was sad and told my married bff about it, and she said "T, have you ever gone over to his house/called him/invited him to do something?" I said "no--why would I need to when he is doing everything?" She then asked if I ever wanted to get married!!! YES!