Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Secret Confession

So....I want to get married.

Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a SUPER SECRET!

I feel like around here, it is not cool to admit to wanting to get married. It is cool to love being single and think your life is awesome and be zero desperate. But, I'm finally coming out with it: I want to get married.

A few years ago this really hit me. I was still a BYU student at the time (not just a "BYU graduate who is too scared to leave Provo single so found some low-paying and lame job here but is still living the life of a BYU student") and after eating my favorite L&T Wrap at the CougarEat, decided to head over to the Club Lee aka the Harold B. Lee Library (called it "Club Lee" every Friday night that I was there....) At Club Lee I decided to pick up a number of books about, you guessed it, marriage. Why not prepare, right?

Well, I was not prepared because I hadn't brought my backpack with me and I checked out like 6 books. So I had to just carry them back to where my stuff was--this stack of books. I hoped and prayed no one would see me! Of course, on my way out of the library my books set off the alarm so the HOT security guard had to look at my books (he said "oh, I can see what's happening in your life..." SUPER AWKWARD). Then twenty feet out of the library I run into THE most teasing man I've ever met! Luckily he was on his cell phone, so I just kept running. I am finally in the clear, and then I hit the worst obstacle of all: the second most teasing man I've ever met, this one not on a cell phone. He asks what books I checked out of the library--I just keep running. I mean, this was YEARS ago, way before my public blogging about my new desire to get married. YIKES!

Anyway, despite this crazy awkward obstacle course, I got the books home and was able to read them and super prepare for marriage. :) I am now taking an evening Preparing for Celestial Marriage class, too, and attending the dating Sunday School class AND I talk about dating and marriage 24/7, so I will be giving you some insights soon. GET EXCITED!

As for now, I'm back from awkward evening with Mike/Karen/and....you guessed it, JOHN! More about that tomorrow. Good night, diary. Er, I mean, world wide web!